The Budadee Foundation is currently developing a Cultural Protocols Policy that:
- Sets ethical guidelines for visitors, researchers and proponents for engaging with the Traditional Owners and access to Woodstock-Abydos Protected Reserve (WAPR);
- Advises visitors, researchers and proponents of the values and customary obligations of Traditional Owners;
- Informs Foundation policies regarding Intellectual Property (IP) and Traditional Knowledge (TK);
- Sets procedures for people wishing to access heritage places or conduct research within the WAPR; and
- Ensures that Traditional Owners benefit from research conducted on their land and in their communities.